Past Posts

April 06, 2009

What I love.

I love going to the cafe with Art. It's the pinnacle of my short life as a father.  Every other week or so Art and I ride the bike (he's in the bike trailer or bike seat) a few blocks to the May Day cafe near Powderhorn Park. We barely talk as Art plays with communal (and mostly broken) toys and I watch him or read the paper. This morning I asked Art as he was playing, "Do you know that I love you?"

"I love you, Papa," he said while making this new little car he found go back and forth. The kind of car that when you push it it keeps going for a long time. He pushed it all around the small restaurant. People are so friendly there. They would look up from their paper or laptop to smile in Art's direction.

I realized today that some of the best time Art and I spend together is when we're doing things entirely familiar and unspoken. Just being together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

most beautiful post ever. I got
teary. Bubbe