Past Posts

December 25, 2012

Santa, to be or not to be.

I am suffering a little Santa-Claus-is-real guilt. As Jessica noted, each year we talk about whether or not to encourage Santa belief with out kids. And then before I know it I'm going over the top talking about how we oughta leave something for Santa to eat or that maybe I saw something in the sky making a jingling sounds. Jessica especially enjoyed how Arthur advised to leave the cookies and carrot on the piano bench, not the table, since we'd have to wipe up the reindeer spit. Wonderful. Jessica: "This is a special time in their lives when they believe in magic. Without skepticism. And we ought to give them an opportunity to enjoy that. And perhaps that feeds their imagination for the rest of their lives." I agree.

No comments: