Past Posts

September 17, 2012

To remember when they're all grown up...

Consistently for as long as I've been aware of it the girls have presented very distinct waking styles.  When I hear them waking either in the morning or after a nap I am almost sure to find Netta scrambling to stand up, if she isn't standing already while Bailey is still laying down, eyes open and sucking her thumb but just lollygagging a little longer.  Actually, come to think of it, I think we used to rouse her when she was really little.  Ben can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we would usually find Netta awake and then wake Bailey up so I could nurse them together.  Hmmm... 

Anyway, the reason I wanted to write this all down was because I'm curious how Bailey's desire to stay horizontal even after waking will translate in teenage and adulthood.  Will she be a late sleeper?  Is she really just a night owl trapped in a bedroom with a morning-person twin?  Or will she be the type to be on half-speed until she's had her morning run or coffee or other drug of choice?  And what about Netta?  Will she be the type to wake up, immediately get out of bed and start yapping away about world politics?  Make your bets now!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I'm Maggie Wirth-Johnson's daughter (from choir), again coming out of my anonymity because you've just described me and my twin sister Anna! Many of our baby photos show me wide-eyed and alert and Anna completely asleep. And it has been that way forever––I am quick to get up in the morning, always on the go, ready in 2 seconds, and Anna reeeeallllly takes her time waking up. Funny that Netta and Bailey are maybe the same!