Past Posts

July 25, 2011

A great Great Great Grandma.

My grandmother is nearly 90. She always asks about our kids, especially Netta and Bailey who she had never met. We send her tons of photos but there's just nothing like holding them in your arms. So making the trek to Wabash, Indiana, my mother's hometown, was worth the drive.





As soon as we arrived she dug up a some baby clothes she bought for them.



She adores Jessica and loves to tell me how wonderful she is. "Oh Ben, she just such a good mother. I just, I mean, I can't tell you how much...." Stuff like that.



Each Monday Grandma goes to Hardees to meet her friends and chat. We were in town only two days so she called an emergency meeting on Thursday morning.



Lewis, wonderfully, preferred to sit on his own at a table across the restaurant. I don't know why but I really love that he ate on his own and to not come join the group. I think he was a little overwhelmed and wanted to make some space for himself. Good on you, Lewis.



Netta, however, was in a great mood.



We left back to Minnesota after Hardees. We fully expect to visit again but we all realize grandma's almost 90 so saying goodbye was especially sad.

No comments: