Past Posts

May 05, 2011

"A" sleepover.

Last night Art slept over at Bubbe's with Emily and me.  We set him up in her tiny den with his own special bed.  He was pretty wired so he didn't end up going to sleep until almost 9:30pm but that is totally expected at a sleepover.  Here he is "reading" Richard Scary in his special bed.



We are trying to give Art a lot of extra time at Bubbe's house.  He is old enough to understand and be upset about what is happening to his special friend and we want to honor his need to be near her.  He likes to play with her toys, the same favorites he's been playing with over there for his five short years, and he likes to help me bring things to her like coffee or even her medicine and then dart out and dance around or play in the living room.

Today, after a few meltdowns over some marble toys building with blocks, he just started saying, "I just love Bubbe.  I just love Bubbe.  She's my best friend in the whole world and I want to go over to her house."  Best friend may be the wrong title for her place in his life, but the gravity of the statement is there:  She is someone so very special and I want to be nearby.

No comments: