Past Posts

January 08, 2011

Why Lewis will give me a hug.

It all started several weeks ago when Art was really into making
domino trains, but also really volatile when it came to dealing with
them falling down before he was done building them. A lot of the time
if his train got knocked down prematurely Art would throw a domino
across the room or, if Lewis was nearby, right at Lewis' head.

Then one day Art threw a domino at my head and I realized just how
much it hurt. That night I told Ben about getting hit in the head
with the domino and made sure Art was listening as I explained that
the dominos would have a time out if that happened again. A bedtime
Art stood in front of me and said, "Mama, because i threw a domino at
your head I'm going to give you three kisses and four hugs." I kid of
laughed and then told him I really appreciated that and we all
continued to get our pajamas on after the hugging was done.

Well, clearly Lewis was listening because ever since then he will
randomly walk up to me and said, "Mama, uh-I throw a domino at your
head, uh-I give you a hug."

--
Jessica

No comments: