Past Posts

September 24, 2010

So here it really is. How I'm doing:

Ben says he gets asked all the time how I am doing - how am I feeling, how am I managing, etc.  So here it is, if there really is a need-to-know public out there.

I'm achy.  I ache a lot when I get up from any sitting or laying down longer than a few minutes.  Heavy babies settle into crevices of my body and swollen joints freeze up and squeak their way free as I rise.  Not fun.  And I'm short of breath most of the time, even just sitting down, because my lungs are squished.  I love not taking my iron supplements because my system flows more freely, if you know what I mean, but the trade off is really bad restless legs at night so I only take a few days off at a time.  It seems like I'm always getting ready for a nap.  I really have been taking two naps a day most of the last week or more.  My back hurts by the end of the day, my belly hurts from being so heavy and my hands hurt a lot when I wake up in the morning.  It's from the swelling.  I can barely open a jar when I first get up, they're so stiff and sore.  

But my spirits are mostly really good.  The house has never looked better, we've never been more organized about our laundry or where we put our files or lots of things.  Our bedroom is beautiful and so grown-up and lovely.  The kids have been getting along real well most of the time...  I'm pretty terrified about dealing with labor and I'm trying to brace myself for the sleepless chaos that will come once the babies are born but I'm so looking forward to meeting them, holding them and NOT being pregnant anymore.  

That is the update in a nutshell.  Hope to see some of you friends at Frozen Brunch this Sunday!  As long as I'm not birthing I plan to be sitting on the couch accepting admirers...

No comments: