Past Posts

September 30, 2010

I'm done growing babies.

So, I'm 36 1/2 weeks now, nearly full term for twins and I am DONE growing these babies.  I've been gaining the optimum 2 lbs a week for ages now, my belly measurement is 45 1/2 cm, seven cm more than the average singleton preggo belly at full term, the last ultrasound had each baby at or around six pounds... they are fine.  I'm all done with the ice cream spiked protein shakes and general protein loading I've been focusing on, done with the calorie feasting and water logging...  They are in great shape and I honestly do not want them to get any bigger.  I'm huge!  What's weird is that I'm actually getting more comfortable lately and less achy.  I'm feeling more mobile and less contractions during the day.  I wonder if they are just settling in for the long run.  They can't stay in there forever!  I'll have to waddle my way around a lake or something soon.  But then I'm also pretty nervous about labor and even more anxious about those first few months of transition from two to four at home.  It's going going to be hard on all of us.  Wish us luck!

No comments: