Past Posts

February 23, 2010

Doin' Michael Pollan Proud

The food journalist, Michael Pollan (of whom I am a great fan) says one can eat whatever junkfood one desires, as long as one makes it one's self. Well, he says it in a more fluid way, but Art and I just had our homamade junk food tonight. We made our own ice cream! Turned the crank with our very own arms. It was an ice cream maker I borrowed from Uncle Josh and a recipe invented by me (loosely based on real ice cream recipes but mostly inspired by the ingredients on the back of Breyer's containers). Art and I turned the crank for over twenty minutes before scooping it out. It was still kind of soft and after two bites Art looked at me with a scrunched up face and surprised sounding voice, "I don't really like this ice cream. It's too squishy!" Oh, Art. More for me.

No comments: