Past Posts

January 18, 2010

Another indoor nature day.

It wasn't that cold today and we had plans to join Aunt Ashley and Uncle Josh for snow play, but Art has a sore throat so we opted for a lower-key nature day. We went to the Science Museum to look at the dinosaur bones. (And potentially infect lots of other kids, depending on how serious Art's cold is.)

Ever since Art discovered the PBS show, "Dinosaur Train" dinosaurs have been on the brain around here. Especially for me! I'm just so curious about them! And there's been a lot of new discoveries since even I was a kid. Heck, they don't even call a brontosaurus a brontosaurus anymore! So I was especially excited to go to the science museum.

First we had to wait in a long line to get in.  (All the people observing MLK day with science, I guess.)  Art and Lewis wandered around in the big lobby and on this huge world map.  Art is offering to carry Lewis since I had refused to do it anymore.


I didn't take a whole lot of pictures in the dinosaur area because I was so focused on the exhibit.  The triceratops was enormous.  I could barely believe it.  Here are the kids in a barrel that represents a diploducus stomach.


Then we went to a light exhibit. I told Art and Lewis that this was a special shadow wall. Art walked up to his colorful shadows and said, "I'm so beautiful! Why am I so beauitiful?"


This is part of an art exhibit using multicolored threads in intricit patterns. The installation was titled, "Is it science or art?" Art said, "It makes me dizzy to look at it."

No comments: